From:
Matthew M Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew M Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1993 22:15:31 CST
Finals
Attendance 17,704 (record)  3 sessions 52,553 (record)

1st
Maine  0:22  Tardiff from Latendresse
Maine  7:10  C. Ferraro from Imes and P. Ferraro
LSSU  17:02  Bachusz from Angelelli
        Penalties Match 2 Maine 0 LSSU 1

2nd
LSSU  7:01 ppg Beddoes Unassisted
LSSU 15:46 Hendry from Beddoes
LSSU 18:42 Strachan from Hulett
        Penalties Match 0 Maine 2 LSSU 1

3rd
Maine  4:19 Montgomery from Kariya
Maine  7:40 Montgomery from Kariya and Imes
Maine  8:54 Montgomery from Kariya
        Penalties Match 1 Maine 0 LSSU 1

Saves
Maine Dunham  4 - 7 - x - 11
      Snow    x - x - ? - ?
LSSU  Lacher  7 - 8 - ? - ?

Stats and Forgotten stats by Jon Gluekstein and myself

Notes-
- the game started ande the ECAC refs Ammian and Dupree watched things get
uglier and uglier until 10 minutes had elapsed.  I think they were too ga-ga
over the fact that someone of their abilities would be picked for the title
game.  (It was also in this time that I realized that the Hobey was given on
talent, not on sportsmanship, I wish I could see the play again, but even
Kariya got out of hand because the refs were letting it happen)

- Rolston didn't help much by going to the box 3 times, including a matching
one with 4:03 left in regulation

- With 4:20 left Snow came up big to preserve the victory.

-No words can describe the natural hat trick, watch the highlights.