From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1992 17:53:09 EDT
Larry explained:
>I believe "ftp" stands for "file transfer protocol" - a networking term from
>uucp/internet/telnet/???...

Sorry for the confusion, I did know what the real(tm) ftp was but was
wondering what you might have had in mind, and I also wanted to see if
maybe somebody could come up with a suitable three words to put ftp in the
hockey-l history book as well! :-)

BTW...H called just minutes ago from Denver where she flew out to visit
someone, I read her some of the responses and I think I could have heard
her laughter all the way from the Rocky Mountains even without the phone. :-)
She says thanks to everyone for the kind words too.

- mike