From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:22:40 -0800
Believe me, us folks out in college hockey hinterland (read: California)
have the list to thank for our continuing involvement from a distance. I
found out about it thru an RPI alumni magazine way back in the last
century in 1994.

I was a fan for years, but hadnt seen a college game since 1964
(graduation) and had virtually lost contact - - couldnt even find
scores, except for the now-defunct College Hockey Newsletter (I have the
whole year of RPI's fantastic run to the crown!)

... so I am mostly a listener and very much appreciate the spirit of the
crew here. Of course I go to USCHO, but mostly for scores and schedules.
I relish the "cultural" insights (and yes, occasional argument and of
course the contests!) on this list and would be upset if the list died.
So, you folks at the colleges and near to them, recruit new fans and
please, don't be worried about flames. This list is very polite,
especially relative to some others I have heard of.

My 200 Lire,

Tony Buffa
RPI '64 Still a fan after all these years. Go Engineers!!