From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:54:26 -0400
In no way was my note an attempt to compare BC and UND, though it appeared
that way; sorry,  my fault, sloppy writing.  What was encouraging to me was
that BOTH schools were predominantly, or at least majority US.  Given
population density, location, etc. I would expect that North Dakota would
actually have more Canadians than BC does.  I would also have expected North
Dakota to have more Canadians than they do.

It says a lot about the growth and improvement in the skill level of US
hockey when UND can have such a fine team, with mostly US players,
especially considering their location.

Occasionally, there are suggestions to limit the number of Canadians on US
College teams, to encourage the growth of US hockey.  I believe that this
years tournamaent is evidence that it isn't necessary, that US hockey is
doing just fine, and that US college hockey has actually benefitted from the
presence of Canadian players.

Just bring on the players, wherever they're from.

Clay