From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:06:23 -0700
Does anyone know if someone (the rink, the NCAA?) keeps track of the
total number of folks wanting tickets for the Fr4?  It would be
interesting, for example, to compare, not the total attendance (limited
in a place like Providence by relatively small size of the rink) but the
total demand for tickets between say Providence and the Pond. If it is a
few thousand that were denied, then we are talking roughly the same
number of folks who wanted to attend in both years, about 15 k or so...
if there were 10k turned away from Providence, then clearly the demand
for Providence was larger than in SC... would be interesting actually to
compare the last 5 -10 years, total ticket requests, not total seats
sold....to note any trends, growth with years, dependence on site
location, teams, etc.

I bet no one has or keeps this data.. just musing ... before I attempt
to finish my taxes :-)

Tony Buffa

RPI '64  ...at least one fan who thinks the Pond was not that bad a
venue or tourney.