From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 19:10:37 -0400
On 97-08-08 at 15:36:23 EDT [log in to unmask] (Katie Stone) wrote:

> I have spent all summer coming up with my 1902 NCAA All-American team
> plus my favorite mascot.
>
>  <Polish stuff snipped>
>
> Forwards:
> Frank Slavavosticaskowski (he's from St. Paul Minnesota) and played on
> Minnesota when they were a club team (Title IV caused problems for them)

Sure, if there's anything we need it's one more example of that
incessant Gopher "we're God's gift to hockey" chauvanism.  Nobody but a
Minnesota fan thinks of 1902 without admitting that Magic Svenson was
the greatest college winger ever.  But no, it's 95 years later and he's still
ostracized by a whole state for going to Michigan Tech and becoming the
first Minnesota kid to ever attend an out-of-state school.  Crazy thing
is, he woulda picked Goofer U if they'd let him play hockey and
basketball like he asked.

How can you just ignore Magic's record?
    Three years first team All State during his highschool
    years at Blue Wing.

    The only college player to score (three times in 1902) the
    hat trick and triple double on the same night.

    A three-year college career record of 1,137 points.

    The only college hockey player to be recruited by the
    Globetrotters.

    The last college hockey player to become a freshman at age
    17.

    A "two franchise" player, singlehandedly responsible for
    Michigan Tech building the world's first sports facility to
    accomodate both hockey and basketball, ...simultaneously.

And you claim Stumbles Slavavosticaskowski (he's from St. Paul
Minnesota) is in the same universe?  When will you Goofers ever get it?

Go Huskies, stomp those burrowing rodents ! ! ! ! ! ! !

                        A Maiz'n Blue Bob