Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 13:35:47 -0500
Clearly, LaCouture has missed more than a few days this semester. In fact, he
has already missed three games and about a month of classes. A month of
classes is equal to about one-third of a semester. Any professor than can
give a passing grade to a student that misses one-third of a semster is
clearly being pressed by an outside source - Jack Parker?

What LaCouture should get are incompletes for his classes this semester.
However, students with 5 incompletes in one semester should not be allowed to
play sports. This would make a mockery of the NCAA system. By allowing this,
schools can simply let student-athletes that are in danger of failing to
simply sit out a few games at the end of a semester and take all incompletes
so he/she can continue to compete next semester.

Like I said before, there is something more than what we've been told.
LaCouture has missed about one-third of a semster. I don't see how any
legitimate professor could give a letter grade, let alone a passing grade, to
a student who has missed that amount of time.

>>> <[log in to unmask]> 12/03/96 12:20pm
>>> How can LaCouture return to play hockey when he's not finishing up
>>> his first semester? Are his professors going to be giving him passing
>>> grades even though he's not in class just because he plays on the
>>> hockey team?
>>>
>>> This entire situation smells bad.

Only to those who like smelling bad things.

Clearly, this semester is nearly over. B.U. has maybe one or two games
before XMas. Dan will be playing Junior Hockey over the XMas break.
So, any notion of Dan LaCouture returning to B.U.'s hockey team soon
must imply the mid-January (aka second semester ) games.

Lets not go on a witch hunt here.