From:
Reed H Munson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Reed H Munson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 1995 12:59:31 -0600
The Gopher's abysmal performance this past weekend at Northern was the
worst Minnesota has looked all year. Minnesota's Pride on Ice was 0 for
17 in powerplay opportunities! Saturday's game was a goon fest with NMU's
players throwing thundering hits and completely dominating the teeny gophers.

This weekend was an example of men against boys. NMU players were all
much larger and stronger than the young U of M team. It was 200+ lbs.
seniors vs. 160+ lbs. freshmen. This year Minnesota is just too young and
small to compete against big teams.

The Goph's were clearly suffering this weekend without team captains McHugh
and Bell. I'm hoping they play much better next weekend when both players
rejoin the team.

The way the season is shaping up, it looks like MN is going to have to go
on a major hot streak to finish 3rd or higher in the WCHA.

--just my personal opinion of the Gophers after watching a bad weekend of
play... Reed Munson