Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 1994 13:55:00 -0500
What I remember about Melrose is in December of '90 Harvard came to
Mariucci to play the Gophers for the first time since they beat us
in OT in the '89 Championship Game.  The crowd always picks some poor
canuck with a 2 syllable name, and this series it was "Mel-rose,
Mel-rose, Mel-rose SUCKS!"  He put up with it like a gentleman, and
at the end of the 2 game series he skated over to the student section,
took off his helmet, and bowed to the crowd.  I think that says a lot
about his character.  I wish him well in whatever he's doing.

Katie
Go Gophers!