From:
"Michael T. Croce" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael T. Croce
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 1994 22:46:18 -0500
        I am really suprised at the number of posts discussing the chants of
RPI and Clarkson. I guess everyone is getting up to date on what to scream at
the top of their lungs this weekend?
        I remember when I was a freshman, on the first day as a member of
Clarkson's band, I was told NOT to yell "Lets go Knights". The reason...
as someone stated earlier, Clarkson was once Clarkson College of Technology
and that was the chant used throughout the ages. "Lets go Tech" is tradition.
When we yell it has nothing to do with where we are, we only yell it louder
when we are at the homes of other teams to be noticed. RPI and Cornell both
yell "Lets go Red". The comment on how those teams and their bands are ultra-
similar is interesting... Anyhow, whether at Cheel Arena or on the road the
words are always the same.
        Each school's different traditions are what make college hockey so
exciting.
        By the way, you want to hear both of these chants, I imagine there
will be plenty just after the drop of the puck at 8:00 Friday night. Take
your pick which you like best.....

LETS GO TECH
M.C.