From:
Rick Feldhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Feldhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1993 16:42:59 EDT
Associate Professor of Biochemistry
Phone: (502)588-5752

A few days ago Tark McMains asked about how to get tickets to the
Cornell-Northeastern game during his break. I had the same question last Feb.
when I was in Boston for a meeting at the same time NU was playing undefeated
and #1 Maine. With some difficulty, I finally got through to the Athletic
Office & eventuallytalked to a knowledgeable person who thought I was somewhat
demented for asking about how to get tickets. His response was something like
"walk up to the ticket window and buy them". Persisting, nevertheless, I
explained that I'd like to get two good seats side-by-side and this was for
THE MAINE GAME! Finally getting the picture that he was talking to someone
with a Boston accent who hadn't lived in Boston for decades, he explained that
NU hadn't sold out a home game for about 20 yrs and there are a lot of good
seats at every game. We went, it was great and I highly recommend that any
Hockey-Lers visiting Boston during hockey season consider going to a game at
Matthews Arena. It is the old Boston Arena, conveniently located near the T,
NU campus, Symphony Hall, Museum of Fine Art, etc. Many, many good seats!