From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1993 11:51:10 -0400
I get it. The "two line pass" rule simply says that
you can't cross the second line before the puck
does. Hence, if you eliminate the red line (as they
do in college), then the two line pass doesn't really
exist anymore, since it's already covered by the
offsides rule.

This is so cool. I've been watching (apparently not
very closely) hockey for twenty years, and never
knew that you could be "off-sides" at the red line.

Given all this, the message which started all this is
obviously in error, and the only rule change was
that which covered icing. Thanks to all for the
clarification.

Greg
Cambridge
Wiser than this morning.