From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1993 18:50:18 EST
It is official - HE announced today that UMass will join the conference in
the 1994-95 season.  Check the Transactions section in your paper.

I have tv info for the semifinals as well as game times.  NESN is carrying
the games in New England, and I presume others around the nation will too.
First, game times on my tickets are 1:30 and 7:00 Central time for the
semifinals in Milwaukee, Thur Apr 1.  Championship: Sat Apr 3, 7 pm
Central.

NESN will have the first semifinal on a 2 hour delay, due to a Red Sox
exhibition at 1:30.  (Note that the semi starts at 2:30 Eastern.)  But
unlike the Maine-NMU game in 1991, they won't join the game in progress:
they'll show it in its entirety, delayed.  Here is the schedule for NESN:

Thur 4/1
 4:30 pm NC$$ semifinal #1 (length 2:30; full game; delay)
 7:00 pm "Out of the Woods": A look at the 1992-93 Maine season (1:00)
 8:00 pm NC$$ semifinal #2 (live)
Fri 4/2
 2:00 am NC$$ semi #1 (tape, 3:00)
 9:00 am NC$$ semi #2 (tape, 3:00)
 6:30 pm College Hockey USA (0:30)

Last I knew, ESPN was going to show the final live.  It starts at 7 pm
Central on 4/3.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
alternate address days: [log in to unmask]             *HMN*  11/13/93
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)