From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:53:58 -0700
Hey Ralph and All:

You mean they DON'T do this anymore? So much for my plans to return to
Troy and see a weekend of games (one of these years) for the first time in
35 yrs :-)

Seriously, old Ned Harkness used to milk this when his teams were thin
(when werent they? I recall teams of 12 total players on the bench) ...
nice slow alma mater,maybe twice. Time for more rest before the 3rd
period. He was a master. Also it was rumored, a master of the slushy ice
to slow faster teams, and I vividly recall, in mid period, our goalie
hunting for a lost contact on the ice for 5 minutes... everyone in the
audience knew the goalie had perfect vision, but ... somehow he "found"
it, popped it in, and the game resumed... after a nice 5 min rest for the
RPI guys.  :-)

Tony Buffa
RPI '64