From:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:04:27 -0400
On Fri, 7 Aug 1998 12:54:01 -0400 "NWLB (E-Ticket)"
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>And this presumes they actually decide to form a full conference.  The
>OSU
>AD was noted in an interview I had passed on to me on AOL, to have
>said he
>would prefer a Big Ten "Division" within a merged WCHA/CCHA.  That
>would
>permit for maintaining regular season games against traditional
>non-big
>ten rivals, bona fide big ten play, and whatever else there is that
>goes
>with it.

So, I presume that would be a 3-division conference, then?  Otherwise,
you'd have a 6-team division and a 13-team division (or more?).

In any case, I'd hope that if either a Big Ten Hockey Conference or
division forms, that Penn State (last year's ACHA national champion) and
Illinois (a perennial ACHA power) decide to upgrade to varsity status.
That would give the Big 10 at least 8 teams in their
conference/division...

We can only hope, I guess...  :^)

Jeremy Hall
Clarkson '91
(and Penn State Icer fan)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]