From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 02:22:14 -0500
BTW, none of the silliness with the goals deflects (IMHO) from this having
been a great series between two well-matched teams.  I salute RPI for
playing so well, and thank the many fans who gave us a good reception.
Several RPIers on the way out Saturday opined that the call was poor and
that it was too bad; again on Sunday at least one wished us a hearty good
luck in Placid, and we had very cordial conversations with families of the
RPI players.  It was a great weekend of hockey between two strong and
classy rivals.  And, of course, it will be refought again and again --
that's the beauty of league rivalries.