From:
Leigh Torbin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leigh Torbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 01:34:01 -0500
It is a little known NCAA rule that you are correct sir. A game DQ does
count as 10 PIMs even though no 10-min. misconduct is actually asessed.
The NHL operates differently, and since the FleetCenter staff works
mainly with the Bruins when it comes to hockey, it is understandable that
they confused the college regulations, which often even the schools
themselves screw up. I remember going back to correct a Dartmouth box
from earlier this year when UMass defenseman Mike Gaffney got a DQ and we
weren't charged for the extra 10 penalty minutes. It wasn't a pleasant
thing to add per se but it had to be done.

Leigh