From:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 11:09:21 -0600
During the game, which we watched on TV, I speculated the reasons why
Rass would have gotten suspended....(working in the Registrar's office
did not give me any inside information however)

I quote the explanation given in the Star Tribune's 1/18 article written
by Rachel Blount, Staff Writer.

"...he was suspended by the University for failing to properly register
for a course.

Rasmussen added a course to his second-term schedule last week but did
not enter it into the university's computer system until Monday, which
meant he was a part-time student -- and therefore ineligible --- during
last weekend's series against Denver. The University imposed the two-game
suspension after notifying the NCAA, which told Gophers athletic officials
that Rasmussen would have to sit out the series to regain his eligibility."
end quoted material

I will only add, that it is extremely easy to drop and add classes...we
have student self-registration, online and on the WWW! Any student can
update his registration on-campus, or at home with a computer.

-Carol
GO Gophers!!!