From:
Alex Bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:03:47 -0500
I'm sure that all of those penalties that Michigan took at the end of the
game can be attributed to justly served retaliation, right?  Come on,
what about the leg whip by Morrison that broke Punchard's ankle?  I was
talking to a friend from Michigan and he said that if anything, that is
what led up to all of the fighting.  I didn't see the game, but even from
what Wolverine fans have said, things were somewhat under control until
Botterill ran the guy over at the bench.  As for the comment that
Botterill made about Faulkner, totally classless.  It should also be
looked at by the NCAA and dealt with. This is college hockey, not the
NHL.  It's absurd to be going around making threats like that and
Botterill needs to realize that.  By the way, can somebody tell me how
many times Botterill has gotten game DQ's?  IF Berenzweig wanted to have
just Price go to the box, he didn't have to fight back.  He could have
turtled, it happens in the NHL all of the time.  Price may have started
it, but we'll just call it retaliation for that checking from behind
penalty that Michigan took.

  Anyways, I'm hoping to see a great game this Saturday night.

Alex