From:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 10:56:06 -0500
As long as the discussion is still going...
I didn't have a great view.  In fact all I saw was from the ESPN quicktime
download of the goal.  This is what I did see.
The puck was batted down and ended up in the crease by the "far" post.  This
was the left post for Thomas, as he faced center ice.
There was a UVM player who surely looks like he saw the puck there and cleared
it behind the net.  I should say he certainly takes a swipe at the puck, it
may not be clear if the puck was still moving and he missed it and it just
bounced out to Remackel.  But I really think he cleared it right onto Remackels
stick.  Then, almost immediately I guess Remackel (he's out of the
picture but from previous views you know he's in back of the goal line to that
side of the net) whacks the puck right back into the back of Thomas' leg and
then the puck drops in the net.
Surely not definitive and from a lousy picture.  However, I haven't seen this
interpretation yet so I thought I'd throw it in.
I suppose we can keep discussing it until next season :)

Dave Naghski

PS - In a previous post someone asked where the Cyclones play.  they play at
the Cincinnati Gardens, an arena built in the 40's and, I'm told, modeled
after Maple Leaf Gardens.  It's old but a great place to watch hockey and I've
never seen them drill through the pipes out there.  Xavier basketball also
plays there.