From:
"Jeffrey S. Piek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey S. Piek
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 09:55:59 -0800
Kevin Coty wrote:

>Although the Redskins seem to be strugling in the early part of the
season,
>I'm very impressed with the numbers posted by Miami freshman and
leading
>scorer Randy Robitaille (4-10-14).  Does anyone have any info on him
(where
>he played, stats, etc)?  I'm also surprised that he has not been
drafted
>yet.  If a freshman can put up these kind of numbers, it seems odd
that
>none of the NHL scouts were interested in him, or was it that he
wasn't
>eligilbe.  Also, is he any relation to Luc Robitaille?

Fom the Miami University Media Guide, Robitaille is a 5-11, 160lb
Center from Nepean, Ont.  He was a two year member of the Ottawa Jr.
Senators.  In 1993-1994, he scored 90 pts. in 57 games ... 1994-1995
125 pts in 54 games.  This placed him on the all-star team in the CJHL
and was the league top scorer in 1994.

As for the draft, many of the CCHA stat leaders have not been drafted,
we will see if he can play this well throughout his tenure at Miami.
He has more points than our star player (Sr. Kevyn Adams) who was
drafted in the first round in 1993 by the Bruins.

As for our season to date, this our record is not quite as we hoped,
but not unexpected.  We beat Boston College, but we have lost one game
to #5 Maine and #12 Mich. St. and now we have lost two games to #4
Michigan (Troy Poll).  That is a tough way to start a season especially
after losing a co-captain in practice just before we played Maine
(severed tendons - out for three or four months).  We also have a very
young team with now only six Seniors (two are goalies), three Juniors,
ten Sophomores and nine Freshman.  I predict we will end up in the top
half of the CCHA once they get some more experience.