From:
Ryan R Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan R Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 15:47:34 -0500
I didn't say you had to be vulgar and degrading did I? Nope, I said it
happens and if players are bothered by it they shouldn't be there.  Then
I pointed out how obscenities were used, in coordination with St. Cloud
State's small pep band mind you, at their arena.  At some of the Gopher
hockey games I attended last year at Mariucci Arena, I don't recall ever
hearing long drawn out anti-Canadian chants from the crowd.  I DO
remember the USA chant at the College Hockey Showcase, and seem to recall
that those who did it were drunk.  I really don't think saying "USA" is
degrading to anyone though.