From:
Christopher Lerch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 14:06:36 PST
>Am I missing something?  How can Ashlin Halfnight be on the
>US team if he's fron Toronto?

Probably dual citizenship (i.e. mom or dad is American).

>What are the requirements to be
>on the US Junior National team?  What about age?  I know in other
>sports "junior" is
>defined as 18 and younger.  Can Mike Grier, as a sophomore,
>still be eligible?

I think national junior teams are 20 and under (or under 20 - can't
remember which).

>I have seen that Landon Wilson (University Of North Dakota)
>is on the roster for the American Jr. team.  Landon broke his
>arm in two places while playing in Alaska a couple of weeks
>ago.  Is Landon really playing, or is it an honorary title?

Based on the source (the December issue of American Hockey
Magazine), the list that was published was probably put together
sometime in November, before he got hurt.

Chris Lerch