From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 1994 16:47:17 CDT
Okay....once again, my chronology is shaky. Maybe we can
all piece this puzzle together.

1988: LSSU wins hockey title under Anzalone.

??? Anzalone sighted coaching an AHL team (not sure which one).
Rumors are the players mutinied against him.

1992: the '92-93 LSSU media guide lists Anzalone as a high
school coach in Toms River, NJ.

Summer, 1993: AP wire lists Anzalone as the new coach of
an expansion ECHL team. (Roanoke? Does this ring a bell?)

That same summer, I saw that Bill Musselman, a basketball coach
of a similar demeanor, had been named head coach of a CBA team.
Personally, I like to see these loose cannons drawing a paycheck. Keeps
things interesting. Y'know, if these guys were baseball managers,
they'd be folk legends a la Billy Martin.

RIGHT THIS MINUTE: the UND and Denver jobs are open. Is the
Anzalone resume being circulated? We'll just have to wait and see.
 Is there a blackball still in effect, or did this guy just burn too
many bridges and pour gasoline on the ashes?