Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 15:06:00 EST
A friend and I were discussing 20-goal scorers privately.  It seemed
like a decent topic for Hockey-L...

We were wondering if Michigan is leading the country in 20-goal
scorers.  Obviously, such a measure isn't fair to all teams due to
the difference in number of games played, but 20-goals is kind of
a college milestone and that's what we're interested in.

I've checked out the stats on Lee and Tim's College Hockey
Homepage, and it appears that Burke Murphy (St Lawrence)
and Jay Pandolfo (Boston University) are leading Division I with
31 overall goals.  Several other 20-goal scorers can be identified
by browsing the stats, but I'm more interested in something similar
to what follows for the CCHA.

I'm not sure how much interest there is on this topic on Hockey-L.
Please don't post that so-and-so playing for your favorite team has
20-something goals so far.  If you like, send me team specific
information privately ([log in to unmask]) and I'll compile the info
into a single post.  However, if you have access to conference
wide stats and feel the urge, please pass along that info.

Here are the specifics (overall games) for CCHA clubs, including
current 20-goal scorers and number of 15-19 and 10-14 goal scorers,
through Monday.

ALASKA FAIRBANKS (31 games played)
Cody Bowtell (20)
10-14: two

BOWLING GREEN (34)
Mike Hall (22)
15-19: two
10-14: four

FERRIS STATE (32)
10-14: four

ILLINOIS at CHICAGO (32)
15-19: one
10-14: three

LAKE SUPERIOR (30)
Sean Tallaire (23)
10-14: six

MIAMI (30)
15-19: two
10-14: two

MICHIGAN (32)
Jason Botterill (27) John Madden (22) Brendan Morrison (21)
Bill Muckalt (20)
15-19: two
10-14: two

MICHIGAN STATE (34)