Sender:
From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 12:23:58 EST
Please note that though there are lots of opinions as to what's
appropriate for HOCKEY-L, "what's appropriate for HOCKEY-L" is not among
them.  Please keep HOCKEY-L postings to those related to college hockey.
If you care to voice your opinion, please do it to the administrator.

HOCKEY-L is available for all fans of all kinds of college hockey from
club to Division I, men's and women's.  HOCKEY3 was founded because fans
are often interested in just Division II/III or just Division I. HOCKEY3
and HOCKEY-L work together, not at odds.  So I encourage you to send
your Division II/III results and Division II/III-only discussions to
HOCKEY3.

There should be few cross-postings to both HOCKEY-L and HOCKEY3.  Again,
HOCKEY3 exists for the enjoyment of Division II/III-only fans.
As the voice of fans of Division II/III, it should serve to lower the
volume of mail on HOCKEY-L.  If we do this, HOCKEY3 and HOCKEY-L are
working together for all of us.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Division II/III game score or report: HOCKEY3.

2. Division II/III team plays a Division I team: HOCKEY3 *and* HOCKEY-L.

3. List of multiple scores for a day (both Division I and II/III):
   HOCKEY3 *and* HOCKEY-L.

4. Discussion of NCAA rules, booster groups, announcements of
   tournaments, etc.: discretion of the poster.

Yours in college hockey,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]