ACTEM-INTEGRATORS Archives

ACTEM Integrators

ACTEM-INTEGRATORS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Crystal Priest <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACTEM Integrators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:03:57 -0400
Just passing this along -  Crystal

     * * * * * * * * * *  Apple Fall Tech Update Seminar * * * * * * * * *
*

You are cordially invited to attend the K-12 Apple Technology Update on
October 4th., in Portsmouth, NH at the Frank Jones Center, or on October
5th. in Natick, MA at Hampton Inn & Conference Center, or on October
6th. Wallingford, CT at Choate Rosemary Hall.  The seminars start promptly
at 9:00am and run until 3:15pm.

October 4, 2011
Frank Jones Center
400 Route 1 Bypass
Portsmouth, NH 03801

October 5, 2011
Hampton Inn & Conference Center
Boston-Natick
319 Speen Street
Natick, MA  01760

October 6, 2011
Choate Rosemary Hall
333 Christian Street
Wallingford, CT  06492

To REGISTER please copy and paste the information section below and email
to the address of the event you want to attend.  If we are over
subscribed, you'll receive an email indicating you have been placed on a
waiting list.  Deadline for registration is Sept. 30th.  Thank You.

If attending NH location on Oct. 4, 2011 reply to...  [
mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]

If attending MA location on Oct. 5, 2011 reply to...  [
mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]

If attending CT location on Oct. 6, 2011 reply to...  [
mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]

----------  Beginning of Text to be copied for REGISTRATION ----------

First/Last Name:

Title:

School Name:

School Address:

Phone Number:

Email:

Event you will be attending (NH - MA - CT):

Ethics Verification:

Apple would be happy to host you for breakfast refreshments and a light
lunch at this event. Please consult your ethics official to ensure that no
federal, state or local laws or school policies prohibit you from
accepting the associated expenditure. A state-by-state list of ethics laws
as we understand them is available at [
http://edseminars.apple.com/ethics/ ]edseminars.apple.com/ethics/.

Is it permissible for you to accept the associated expenses? Please
consult your ethics official if you are not sure.
 Yes - I am permitted under federal, state and local laws and my school's
policies to attend this event and accept these associated expenses.
 No - I cannot accept some or all of the associated expenses and need to
make alternate arrangements with Apple.

A special notice about E-rate
The FCC has recently issued gift rules applicable to service providers and
entities participating or planning to participate in the E-rate program,
including any employee of a school or district who is in any way involved
in the E-rate program. These rules apply when a school, district or other
entity has purchased or may purchase from Apple using E-rate funds, and
prohibit giving or receiving anything of value unless it falls under one
of the two exceptions for very minimal items. Please note that everything
provided at this event is covered within Erate guidelines.

In order to ensure that we are both in compliance with the E-rate gift
rules, please indicate whether your school or district has in the past
purchased from Apple using E-rate funds, or if the school or district may
purchase from Apple using E-rate funds in the future.
 My school has purchased from Apple using E-rate funds and/or may do so in
the foreseeable future.

----------  End of Text to be copied  for REGISTRATION ----------

AGENDA for Fall 2011 Apple Tech Update

Apple Product Update and Announcements:  This session will focus on the
most recent product and technologies introduced since our Spring Update.
 (Presented  by Dan DelVecchio, Sr. Systems Engineer, Apple Inc.)

Customer iOS Experience:  Dirk DeLo, Apple Distinguished Educator,  will
share lessons learned from integrating iPads in a school data ecosystem
without eating up your most valuable resources.  See what has worked in
his department to setup and support classroom iPads.  See some killer apps
in action:  Doceri as an interactive whiteboard alternative, and great
applications for mathematics.
 (Dirk DeLo, Technology Director, Greenwich, CT)

Casper for iOS Management Demonstration:  JAMF Software offers schools a
mobile device management solution to distribute apps, secure devices
and remotely manage iPads, iPhones and iPod touch devices.  Manage bulk
purchases of apps through the Volume Purchase Program (VPP) for education
or publish in-house apps, whether at one location or many.
 (Presented by Ben Graham, Systems Engineer from JAMF Software)

Final Cut Pro X Demonstration:  Final Cut Pro X has been completely
redesigned from the ground up.  Bringing with it, revolutionary video
editing, powerful media organization and incredible performance.  Final
Cut Pro is easier to learn, reduces the time students have to wait for
projects to render and audio can be edited in the application.  You'll
experience these and many other features.
 (Presented  by Mateja Miljacki, Sr. Systems Engineer, Apple Inc.)

Apple Biz Update and Q&A:  The Apple regional K12 Education Manager will
join us to provide an update on Apple's corporate directions, and listen
to your input so that Apple can better serve your schools technology &
curriculum needs.
 (Presented by Steve Johnson, Apple Regional Edu. Sales Manager)

Lunch

Lion Client - Things you should know about supporting Lion client in your
schools:  This session will review the key new features in Lion client and
discuss support topics.  For example, we'll cover such questions as;  What
is this Recovery Partition?  Where did the Library folder go?  What
happened to the 802.1x network settings?  How do you acquire Lion and make
an image for distribution with out a DVD?  Can I build my own recovery USB
key? Modifying the login window?
 (Presented  by John Lemansky, Sr. Systems Engineer, Apple Inc.)

Lion Server Overview & Demonstration:  Thinking about moving to Lion
Server or adding one to manage your iOS devices?  This session will cover
the key changes and enhancements made to Mac OS X server.  We'll cover key
topics such as Wiki server, Server App, Profile Manager, the need for an
SSL certificate, MCX vs Profile manager and when to use which, file
sharing for iOS devices, and much more .  We'll finish up the session with
some Q & A.
 (Presented  by Steve Ragalevsky and Devin McLaughlin, Sr. Systems
Engineers, Apple Inc.)

Raffle and Closing:  Must be present to win

Schedule:

8:30-9:00 am - Registration

9:00-3:15 pm - Presentation and Demonstrations

Directions:

Frank Jones Center
400 Route 1 Bypass (North)
Portsmouth, NH 03801 (603) 433-2345

From Interstate 95 (heading North or South) take Exit 5, this will bring
you
to the  Portsmouth Traffic Circle.  From the traffic circle, bear right
onto
"Route 1 Bypass/south".  Follow to 2nd. set of lights, and take a left.
Bearing right on this road you will enter FRANK JONES CENTER parking lot.

Hampton Inn & Conference Center
Boston-Natick
319 Speen Street
Natick, MA  01760

From I-90 (Mass. Pike), take Exit 13 to Route 30 East, Natick

After exit, take right at first lights onto Speen Street

Get in left lane, and go  mile to the third light

Go through the light and make first left 100 feet ahead onto Superior Drive

Turn left at the light and the hotel is ahead of you

Choate Rosemary Hall

333 Christian Street

Wallingford, CT  06492

Location:  Getz Auditorium (located in the Science building)

Phone:  203-697-2000

FROM THE NORTH: I-91

Take exit 15. Turn right onto Rt. 68. Turn left at third stoplight

onto North Farms Road, which becomes North Elm Street.  At

Christian Street (5th stop sign) turn left for Admission, Athletic

Center, and Paul Mellon Arts Center.

From the north and south: WILBUR CROSS PARKWAY (RT. 15)

Take exit 64. Turn right onto Quinnipiac St. Bear left at Wallace

Park, cross over R.R. tracks. Go straight through light (Quinnipiac

becomes Center St. at this intersection). Turn left at second light

(at top of hill) onto North Main St. turn right at first stop sign onto

Christian Street.

FROM THE SOUTH: I-91

Take exit 14. Turn left onto Woodhouse Avenue, go through second

light at Center St. (At this point, Woodhouse Avenue becomes East

Main St.) At second stop sign  turn left onto Christian Street.

From the west (Danbury or Waterbury, CT): I-84

Take I-691 exit 10. Follow to Wilbur Cross Parkway/I-91 south exit.

Follow directions above.

Best route from Boston  (northeast of Wallingford, CT)

Take I-90 (Mass Pike) West to  I-84 West (connects in Sturbridge, MA)

Take I-84 west to I-91 South  (connects in Hartford, CT)

Take exit 15

Turn right off the exit onto  Route 68.

At 3rd traffic light, take a  left onto North Farms Road, which

becomes North Elm Street.  This is a residential, country road.

At the 5th stop sign, you will  be on the Choate campus, at the

intersection of North Elm  Street and Christian Street.

Turn left for Admission,  Athletic Center, and Paul Mellon Arts

Center.

Dan

Dan DelVecchio
Sr. Systems Engineer
Apple Inc.  ?, NE Edu. Sales
ACSA Certified

[ mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]
508-736-1649