MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Nichols, Gary" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nichols, Gary
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:18:17 -0400
Just a point of clarification. In response to Linda's request a few have
struggled with the idea of telling a "great" story. What we are trying to
demonstrate is that public and school use is minimal and almost incidental
and that it is a resource used overwhelmingly by the academic and scientific
research community. Simple examples of use are just fine. Thomson Gale, the
owners of Biosis, feels that too much use comes from a statewide contract
rather then from the university community or scientific researchers in an
academic environment. Although we have statewide use statistics we cannot
separate public and school library numbers. We think that number, although
we cannot prove it, is very small.

Thank you for your help by responding,

Gary