MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2018 20:59:21 +0000
This is for public libraries who receive Internet services via an MSLN connection.

Networkmaine has negotiated  new service contracts for libraries and schools based on the recently issued RFP.
This is just a heads up that your MSLN provider may be changing and your bandwidth may be increasing.
You may get a call from any of the new MSLN  telecommunications transport providers:
(CCI (Fairpoint), Spectrum (Time Warner), Firstlight (Oxford), Maine Fiber Company, Lincolnville Communications, Unitel, and Otelco (OTT)

Jared Leadbetter and I are working on a list so you can easily look up your library, speed and provider.
Once we run the list by the NetworkMaine Council, we will post a link either next Wednesday or Thursday.

We are very excited that many libraries will have increased bandwidth!
Stay tuned for the details and feel free to call the MSLN Help desk, Jared or myself to confirm a change if you get a call before we release the details.

Thanks,
Janet

Janet McKenney
Director of Library Development