From:
John Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2022 09:24:23 -0500
It's been a while since I've shared a good book. This one deserves a spot
in lots of libraries.
The 9:09 Project / Mark H. Parsons Delacorte 9780593309759

In addition to many things, this is a case of fool me once, shame on you,
fool me twice, shame on me. Jamison's been stuck in grief since his mom
died of cancer at 9:09 pm. As you read about how he's come to use that
exact time and a particular street corner to take photos, there comes a
point where he thinks back to that exact moment, allowing you to really
understand why it stuck with him. Then, there are the other characters in
the book; his still grieving and very thoughtful father, his younger
sister, his best friend, the manipulative girl he once had a crush on, the
stereotypical horndogs he sometimes sits with, and AK47, the mysterious and
prickly new girl who is the one who 'gets' him better than anyone. When
these are mixed together, the cherry on top are the quotes starting each
chapter by Dorothea Lange sharing her thoughts about photography, and the
evolution of the 9:09 website he and his friend have created There's more
good stuff I could add, but you can read the book to find them. It's a
stunner and deserves a spot in many libraries.

--
John R. Clark, Author of *Hardscrabble Kids: Semi-magical Tales of Maine*
Available in print and ebook from Amazon.com and the author.