From:
Kendall Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kendall Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2022 15:40:32 -0400
 Attention public librarians and lovers of children's literature,

The Maine Student Book Award committee is excited to announce that we are
currently accepting applications for *ONE* new committee member to
represent the Maine Library Association.  Applicants should be public
librarians and MLA  members, in addition to being avid readers of
children's literature, who are currently working with kids in our targeted
age range (grades 4-8).

The committee meets four times a year (January, March, May and September)
with meeting locations varying throughout the state.

Committee Member Requirements:
*Has a passion for and knowledge of children's literature.
*Is currently working with children in grades 4-8.
*Is willing to travel to meetings in different parts of the state.
*Is prepared to read and review over 100 middle grade fiction and
nonfiction books per year.
*Is comfortable with technology and a user of the Google Suite apps:
Sheets, Forms, Sites and Slides.
*Responds to email and other forms of correspondence in a timely manner.

No published children's book author, editor, publisher, or publicist may be
a member of the committee.

Applications are due by the end of this week, August 12, 2022, and can be
submitted here.
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9YmnPRKGB_xQkCPkYzivYxJb0fVFVk7FypncM2wxVA5PlbA/viewform>
Don't miss out on a chance to join this fun and passionate group!

If you have any questions please reach out to me (off list) at

Best wishes,

Kendall - MSBA Committee Member

--
Kendall Chapman
(she/her)

Ruth Slaven Teen Services & Outreach Librarian
Blue Hill Public Library <http://www.bhpl.net/>