From:
"Maxell, Alison L" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maxell, Alison L
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:19:10 +0000
Janet,

We just hosted a Let's Talk About It Book Series (by the way... LOVED it! And eager to do another!).  Our session was an intensive one with 1 movie and 4 books over 5 weeks!  Given that, I assumed most participants (like myself) would want to have all the books  in hand prior to the first session.  When I received the books from the warehouse, I completed the inventory form noting condition etc.  Then I purchased some small bags from Michael's, created some labels, numbered the bags and then assigned each bag 4 books (i.e. Bag 1 contained one copy of each of the 4 books in the series and each book within the bag was identified by its number so that I could cross reference).  This allowed me to assign a numbered bag to the registrant and then collect the bag (containing all 4 books) at the end of the session.  Participants loved stopping by and having their bag waiting for them; Ccirculation staff found it much easier and for me administratively, it worked like a charm...sharing in case you want to try it.

Alison L. Maxell
Director of Public Services and Outreach, Research & Innovation
Maine State Library
64 State House Station
Augusta, ME  04333-0064