FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS Archives

Friends of Orono Schools

FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Friends of Orono Schools <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Brian McGill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 11:21:43 -0400
Greetings Orono school community,

Just a reminder that we are having our second workshop on student
growth and achievement tonight at 6PM in the high school library. We
hope to have good attendance from teachers and parents and even
students. The attendees in the fall really enjoyed the opportunity to
think and share about the directions in our schools with each other.

Our two main goals for tonight are to:
- finalize a list of values the district holds around student growth
and achievement (obviously the central goal of our schools)
- begin talking about how we assess whether we are succeeding at these values.

The current working draft of the values is:
RSU 26 holds the following values with regard to our central aim of
promoting student growth and achievement
1 We meet our students where they are at, and then move them forward
2 We focusing on the whole student, including their physical, social,
aesthetic and emotional and intellectual growth and achievement
3 We want students to have a lifelong growth mindset and to learn how to learn
4 We work with students to. Identify individual strengths and opportunities
5 We work with students to challenge themselves and to get out of
their comfort zone

We hope to see you tonight.

Thank you,
Brian McGill, RSU 26 Board Chair on behalf of the board and administration