MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jane Foley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 19:16:25 +0000
Good Afternoon Everyone,
I'm wondering who is attending the COE Conference in Washington DC next month? Today's COE Update included this following message:

"Government Relations Update

The 36th COE Annual Conference is only two weeks away! Planning to join TRIO nation next month in Washington, DC? Don't miss this great opportunity to visit your Members of Congress and share your student stories while visiting our nation's capital. Use this sample meeting request email<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rQtfM9pWS3ZHZKQ1FpVXFDRkk/view?usp=sharing> and find your Legislators contact information here<http://coenet.org/files/bulletin_board-Schedulers_for_All_Members_of_Congress_011017.xlsx> to request an appointment with your local congressional office today!

Not sure when to schedule your meeting? You don't have to miss the annual conference. Below are convenient times to meet with Members during your visit:

*        Wednesday, September 13 - any time
*        Thursday, September 14 - 11:30 am - 1:30 pm

In addition, targeted advocacy packets for the EOC and McNair communities in response to the President's FY 2018 budget request are now available here: (McNair Packet<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rQtfM9pWS3Z1lLYXhiN3lTUGc/view?usp=sharing>) and (EOC Packet<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rQtfM9pWS3V2luYld1V3YyRjg/view?usp=sharing>).

If you need assistance, please contact Kimberly Jones ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Selene Ceja ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) by e-mail or phone (202.347.7430)."

I think if we are going to visit Congressional offices, we should do it as a group so that we make the greatest impact and the best impression! Please let me know if plans are in the works or if you want me to lead the delegation. We need to make appointments soon as their calendars are very full!

Jane
Jane Kimball Foley, M.S.Ed
TRIO Student Support Services, Project Director
York County Community College
112 College Drive
Wells, ME 04090
207-216-4424