MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lisa Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2017 17:12:31 +0000
Good afternoon, MEEOA!

Just passing along the following professional development opportunity: Dr. Donna Beegle of Communication Across Barriers<http://www.combarriers.com/institute_schedule> will be offering her new "If Not Me, Then Who?" conference on August 14th at Kennebec Valley Community College's Fairfield campus. Here is the conference description:

"Do you struggle to connect and understand some of the families and individuals you serve? Would you like to increase your poverty competency skills-improving communication and relationship-building skills? Would you like to develop best practices and tools for breaking poverty barriers, improving outcomes, and changing lives in your community? Then this is the conference for you!

These highly interactive training sessions-a 4-hour skill-building workshop and 2 hour train-the-trainer session-are designed to improve skill sets for home visitors and those who work directly with people who live in the crisis of poverty. Organization leaders will also benefit as they gain tools for systemic change that is responsive to assisting people to move out and stay out of poverty.

4-hour Training Workshop (Price: $59.99)

Full Day [4-hour training plus a 2-hour train-the-trainer session] (Price: $159.99)"

I attended Dr. Beegle's 2-day Poverty Institute last summer. The three students who attended with us remain blown away to have had their lived experience reflected so accurately at a professional conference. We are partnering with KVCAP to bring this one-day version to our area in an effort to make the training more accessible to more people. (We are optimistic that we will have enough people in attendance to offer both the full- and half-day events, but we do need to meet a minimum of 90 people for the full-day version to run the half-day version, so if you are waffling and have room in your budget for the full-day event, please register for that one! :) )

Please feel free to distribute this to your networks!

Have a happy and safe 4th of July!

Lisa

trioworks

Lisa Black, TRIO Program Director