Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:22:12 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Maine Library Association <[log in to unmask]>
The Maine Library Association is pleased to invite you to the 2017 ANNUAL MEETING

Wednesday, May 17th - 9:30-2pm - Lithgow Public Library

Join us for a morning of discussion about challenges to materials and privacy in libraries. Enjoy a networking lunch with your colleagues, and stay for the MLA Annual Meeting in the afternoon.

Schedule:

9:30 Registration

10:00  Morning sessions on Intellectual Freedom: materials challenges and privacy

Panel Discussion about Materials Challenges at Maine Libraries

Workshop with Challenged Materials Policies: BYO to tweak and update or take home a generic policy for you to tweak to suit your local needs.

Presentation and Discussion on Privacy in Libraries (Jim Campbell)

12:00 Lunch

1:00 MLA Annual Meeting (length will depend on how much talking there is!

Cost:
Attending the morning sessions and lunch is $25 for members and $35 for non-members.  Attending only the MLA meeting is, of course free. Anyone is welcome to attend the MLA meeting, but only members can vote.

Registration:
Please register ahead of time (space is limited!) by visiting http://mainelibraries.org/event-2525866

Annual Meeting:
The primary business will be a vote on Bylaws revisions, including a change in our tax status from 501(c)6 to 501(c)3. Committee and Officer Reports will be delivered. Our bylaws with proposed changes may be viewed at http://mainelibraries.org/admin/website/?pageId=1541283

Food:
Lunch from Fat Cats Cafe (www.fatcatscafemaine.com).

Questions?
Send an email to [log in to unmask] and we will be happy to help!