EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tom White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:32:06 -0600
Jon:
Very interesting notes on Easternizing the Westernesse (or is it the
reverse?). In the end Pound does not rise or fall, I suspect, on any single
trend he initiated or any (mis)treatment of another culture's artifacts, but
on the simple fact that his poems early on reawakend something in
Anglo-American Kulchur that was dead asleep. His language is alive and stays
alive as this list demonstrates. The rest is a matter of interest of course,
and great grist for the scholarly mill, but inevitably of secondary
importance. Tom White