EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Brennen Lukas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 20:07:13 -0500
Apparently Wallace Stevens was much the same as Williams in hiding his
literary life while working his day job. Stevens was worried that his status
as a poet would lessen him in the eyes of Hartford customers. Ironically,
the Hartford brass probably kept the old guy around as an executive because
they were proud to have a literary luminary in the company.