EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
David Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:13:56 -0500
This seems to have been a favorite of Pound's.  It appears three times in the
Literary Essays:  in "Mr Housman at Little Bethel" (p. 71), in "Cavalcanti"
(p. 184), and, omitting the word "intellectual", in "Hell" (p. 204).  He also
quotes it in The Spirit of Romance (p. 91) and in Guide to Kulchur (p.
73).  Page numbers are from the New Directions paperback editions.

Don't know where Spinoza said it, though . . . .

Hope this helps!