EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tom White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 12:58:51 -0600
Marie-Noelle. Not at all, not at all. Anyway a little sarcasm never hurt
anybody. Might reform one, no? I am fascinated by yr story-in-progress. Yes
the question I have been trying to answer ever since I awakened from the
"common dream" that Yeats talked about, and which awakening, he said, as I
recall, might send an artist to "dissolution and despair," is indeed WHAT in
the name of the gods of hearth and home IS going on? I think that was the
question EP set out to answer after WW I to avenge so many friends who died
in that stupid bloodbath. Tom White