EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:46:44 -0500
    Then silence preferred let EP's letter to The University of Pennsylvania
Alumni Secretary serve as envoi;

"Sir: Your circular letter of April 8 is probably excusable as a circular
letter. If it were a personal letter I shd. be obliged to correct it.
    Any news that the grad. school or any other 'arts' segment of the U. of
P. had started to take an interest in civilization or "the advancement of
knowledge' or any other matter of interest wd. be of interest.
    The matter of keeping up one more otiose institution in a retrograde
country seems to me to be the affair of those still bamboozled by
mendicancy, rhetoric, and circular letters.
    In other words what the HELL is the grad. school doing and what the
HELL does it think it is there for and when the hell did it do anything but
try to perpetuate the routine and stupidity that it was already
perpetuating in 1873?
    P.S. All the U.of P. or your damn college or any other god damn
American college does or will do for a man of letters is ask him to go away
without breaking the silence."

FREE KATE CONE