EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Burt Hatlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:54:04 -0500
To all list members:

A group of members of the Ezra Pound Society met at the MLA convention and laid out a plan for EP Society panels at the American Literature Association conference in Cambridge, Mass., May 22-25, 2003.  The planning group proposed two panels, one on
"Pound and Pre-Raphaelitism," and the other on "Archival Approaches to Pound." I was unable to attend the planning session, but I have volunteered to try to coordinate Pound representation at the ALA, because I am only five hours drive from
Cambridge.  Thus Alec Marsh, who chaired the MLA meeting, passed on these ideas to me.  My reaction was that trying to put together two such panels between now and the end of January seemed impossibly ambitious.  I thought that we would be lucky to
put together ONE panel, and I thought that this panel should probably be an open session, rather than a thematic session.

Alecx was, I think, persuaded by my reaction.  We do therefore have a fall-back plan.  However, I thought that I should at least send out to the list members the two panel topics that the MLAers came up with, to see if in fact we can find three
panelists to speak to each of the two topics that the planbning group proposed.

So how about it?  Are there people on this list who would like to present a paper on one of the two topics listed above, and who can be in Cambridge on May 22-25?  You can e-mail your proposals directly to me at [log in to unmask], or you can send
them to the full list.

Burt Hatlen