EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 13:04:05 +0000
From:
Kevin Kiely <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Lars,

In the light of Pound's 'devotion' to Confuscius, Mencius and Ovid perhaps you might agree-?-that I.A. Richards had a similar paradigm of 'devotion'; if not being as much a confirmed Ovidian as EP.

Avanti,

Kevin Kiely

- Ezra Pound discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,=20
>
> The journal FRONT, no 1, 1930 (The Hague) published Pound's "Credo"=20
> (p.11), containing the paragraph:
>
> Having a strong disbelief in abstract and general statement as a means of=20
> conveying one's thought to others I have for a number of years answered=20
> such questions [i.e., about his belief] by telling the enquirer to read=20
> Confucius and Ovid. This can do no harm to the intelligent and the=20
> unintelligent may be damned.
>
> My question is: was this an original contribution to FRONT or did it=20
> appear earlier somewhere?
>
> I will be grateful for any information concerning Pound's "Credo" in=20
> FRONT.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Lars Kleberg
> S=F6dert=F6rns h=F6gskola
> Sweden

Find the home of your dreams with eircom net property
Sign up for email alerts now http://www.eircom.net/propertyalerts