EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Lars Kleberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:16:49 +0200
Dear colleagues,

In the journal FRONT, no 2, 1931, Pound replied to the Soviet writer
Sergey Tretyakov's earlier contribution to this international and
multilingual publication (only 4 issues were published).

I am preparing an article about FRONT, especially about its role as the
last bridge between modernist poets in the Soviet Union and the West.

Can anyone give a hint for further reading about FRONT? In the Pound
literature? In literature about Norman Macleod, who was one of the editors
(the three others: Sonja Prins, Xavier Abril, Masaki Ikeda)?

Norman Macleod published his memoirs "I Never Lost Anything in Istanbul"
in Pembroke Magazine in the 1970's. This publication is not available in
Sweden. Is there anything in Macleod's memoirs concerning FRONT and its
history?

Did anyone ever write (article, paper) about FRONT?

I will be grateful for any information concerning FRONT.

Sincerely,

Lars Kleberg
Södertörns högskola
Sweden