EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 01:17:32 +0900
7bit
From:
Nogami Hideo <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Burt Hatlen;

The Art of the Moving Picture, by Vachel Lindsay
MacMillan 1915 and 1922
reprint edition Liveright 1970

is a very interesting book. I have not read it through but noticed
several interesting points.
The author proposes Imagist film, saying, "Poetry(Chicago) has given us
a new sect: the Imagists...........
The Imagists impulse need not be confined to verse......
An Imagist film would offer a noble challenge to......"
In other part, he says,"Caligari is undoubtedly the most
important film since that work of D'Annunzio, Cabiria...."
Cabiria is a film produced by D'Annunzio in1914.
I do not know if Pound saw it. But could Pound have ignored D'Annunzio?

Hideo Nogami