EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:52:46 -0800
From:
Francis Gavin <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
on 1/20/03 9:40 AM, Tim Romano at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> You call what you do "irony"?

My point exactly. I said you'd lost your sense of irony, had you indeed ever
had the good fortune to possess one initially. The original purpose of my
missive about cadaverous lists being to generate response, which it did. The
person who responded in agreement, was lauding that need for greater vigor
in these promiscuous parts. Get it Tim? There is the desire for more people
to speak their mind.

Senses of irony notwithstanding my appeal apparently somehow penetrated into
the shallow murky depths of your backwash of a virgin swamp intelligence
causing this whole reptilian exchange to take place. Pluses, one supposes
outweighing the minuses if for no other reason than that of slapping around
the village martinet.

GAVIN