EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 00:58:09 +0900
8bit
From:
Hideo Nogami <[log in to unmask]>
Dear  Louis Lin,

Korin may be Korin Ogata(1658-1716), Japanese painter and designer.
His works belong to high art of Edo era. One of his work is owned by The
Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
I am not sure Wyndham Lewis was mad about him, but he is blessed
by Lewis in Blast 2(p.93) with two other Japanese painters ,
Koyetzu(1558-1637) and Rotatzu(may be misprint of Sotatzu(?-ca.1640)) .

Hideo Nogami
http://www.seaple.icc.ne.jp/~nogami/english.htm