EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Dirceu Villa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 06:28:03 -0800
 Hello

My name is Dirceu Villa, I'm a Brazilian poet and I'm
translating EP's Lustra to the Portagoose. I have some
doubts (mostly on references) that I couldn't solve
and I would appreciate your help.

1. About the epigraph "Nympharum membra disjecta". I
thought it was a quotation from Horatio but I couldn't
find it anywhere in his works. Does anybody know where
it is from?

2. The German epigraph in "The Bellaires". Was it
written by EP or did he catch that up from Heine or
another?

TIA

Dirceu