EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jon & Anne Weidler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:15:31 -0600
Another figure (or rather, set of figures) that my head has been
associating with EP lately is Gilles Deleuze and his partner, Felix
Guattari.  I thought about writing about them first, a little before I
thought of Benjamin, but then I thought better of it when I remembered
that French post-structuralist writers seem to make members of this
list rabid.  Is that hostility towards Foucault I've noticed around
these parts applicable generally to others of his generation?  Is this
hostility a symptom of some sort of modernist/post-modernist debate, or
does it have more specific grounds?  Is it a symptom of
academy-resentment?  Deleuze and Guattari are absolutely fearless
theorists, and have a lot to offer to those who read them with sympathy
and curiosity.  If you know anything about D & G, and want to talk EP
connections, again, I'm right here waiting (as Richard Marx once
reminded us, so beautifully.)

-Jon