EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dirk Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:08:25 -0800
In fact, in "The Apes of God" (and elsewhere), Lewis parodies and
satirizes fascination with what is here being called "the occult" --
possibly "western mystical philosophy" or "western non-rational
philosophy" would be more accurate that "occult".

On the other hand, the above mentioned satire/parody might itself be an
indication of a fairly widespread fascination with the "occult" among
modernists, especially in re the Bloomsbury crowd -- or don't we want to
include Bloomsbury in Modernism?.

--

Dirk Johnson
676 Geary #407